My Yoga Immersion Program is an adaptation of yoga teacher training. With a shorter time commitment and at a significantly more affordable price, the program is designed for yoga students who want to dive deeper into their practice; those interested in teaching or subbing at The Yoga Room; yogis considering going on to get their RYT; and yoga instructors interested in sharpening their skills.
20-HOUR YOGA IMMERSION PROGRAM
Two 10-hr Modules:
Deepening Your Practice & Tools For Teaching
Limited to 7 students.
Deepening Your Practice Dates:
Jan 12, Feb 9, Mar 16 & Apr 6
Tools For Teaching Dates:
Jan 26, Feb 23, *Mar 'Practicum' & Apr 27
*Additional time will be required outside of class for reading, homework assignments and Practicum.
Deepening Your Practice Module includes :
- Techniques training – asana review & proper alignment; meditation & pranayama (breathwork) instruction
- Yoga philosophy – includes study of the Yoga Sutras, 8 Limbs of Yoga, & yoga lifestyle choices
Tools for Teaching Module includes:
- Anatomy – the study of our musculoskeletal system and how it applies to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, un/healthy movement patterns, etc.)
- Teaching Methodology – principles of sequencing; verbal instruction; observing, assisting & adjusting; qualities of a good teacher
Please note: Being registered for a weekly class at The Yoga Room for the duration of the 4-month Yoga Immersion Program is a pre-requisite.
The Heart of Yoga - Desikachar
Ashtanga Yoga Manual - Larry Schultz (for 2nd Module only)
How Yoga Works - M. Roach & C. McNally
Waking Up - John Earle
See pictures from one of my previous Yoga Immersions and read some student testimonials HERE.
TO REGISTER: Send check payment to: Christy DeBurton,
889 Honey Creek Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
QUESTIONS? Contact Christy at: email@example.com
**Additional pricing info: You may sign up for the Deepening Your Practice Module on its own, but if you would like to take the Tools for Teaching Module, you must sign up for both modules. Space is limited to 7 students, and preference will be given to those signing up for both modules. Payment is non-refundable unless I can find another student to take your spot.
- One or both 10-hour modules (your choice)
- Course Materials, excluding books
- Practice Teaching Opportunities with Peer & Instructor Feedback
-Does not include required weekly yoga class at The Yoga Room*